For many people, gardening is a way of life. Fresh organic vegetables and spices can be added to every meal. Gardening can be a therapeutic way to relax and spend time with your family and decorating your garden can certainly make nature take notice. Even if you cannot make your garden grow, you can make it look like a backyard paradise.
1. Decorations That Serve A Purpose: One simple way to improve the appearance of your garden is by adding decorations that serve a purpose. A birdbath is a great addition to any garden, having a place that will attract birds and butterflies will liven up your garden and the base of the birdbath can act as trellis for vines to grow.
2. Attracting Beautiful Birds: A beautifully decorated birdhouse may also attract birds to your garden area. You can hang them from a tree or put them on a pedestal.
3. Wind Chimes Provide Audible Delight: Adding a wind chime can add a melodic tune to the air even if the birds are not singing. There are plenty of designs to add visual décor to your garden. A wind chime can create a more relaxing aura and provide hours of musical delight.
4. Lighting Your Garden: Adding lights can allow your garden to shine at night. Small tree lights will add a beautiful lighted affect, I would suggest using Christmas lights throughout your garden, or you can find solar lights that stake right into the ground.
5. Fencing or Walk Ways: Putting a fence around you garden is a good idea to keep unwanted visitors out. However, if you want a more inviting garden, it would be proper to add a path. Stepping-stones are a great decorative item that allows visitor to follow the path without damaging your prize tomatoes. You could also outline a walking path by adding some stones as guidelines.
6. Adding Elegant Decorations: Of course there are some more elaborate decorations you can include, that add greatness to any garden. A gazebo can make your garden the center of attention in your yard. A fountain can be installed to provide a symbol of elegance. A waterway or waterfall can allow a more nature-oriented experience.
From statues and figurines to waterfalls and gazebos, every garden has to be original. Maybe you are focused more on productivity than decoration. Perhaps you cannot grow anything but weeds and crab grass. Whatever the result, use these helpful hints to make your garden look terrific.
By: Brian Halloran
Find more ways to enhance your garden and make each garden your own visit Whimsical Winds